Ann E. Schiele Presidential Endowment Fund
Ann Schiele, PhD, RN, a visionary in nursing education whose dedication and leadership have inspired the careers and lives of everyone at Mount Carmel College of Nursing. And, whose guidance has made Mount Carmel College of Nursing one of the largest nursing programs in Ohio.
In July 2014, Dr. Schiele transitioned to the position of President /Dean Emeritus. To honor her vision, her work ethic, and her commitment to excellence in nursing education, the Mount Carmel College of Nursing Board established the Ann E. Schiele Presidential Endowment Fund.
Dr. Schiele’s commitment to the highest ideals of nursing has truly made a difference in the lives of students, professionals and the patients we serve. And now you can make a difference that will touch the lives of the nurses of tomorrow and carry forward Dr. Schiele’s work. You are respectfully invited to share in Dr. Schiele’s legacy by making a gift to the Ann E. Schiele Presidential Endowment Fund.
The opportunity to graduate additional professional nurses while maintaining the high quality of the College will require a collaborative effort by many stakeholders, both public and private. To face these challenges head-on, you are invited to become part of the solution by participating as a charter member in the inaugural Mount Carmel College of Nursing Annual Campaign, which has these objectives:
- Student Scholarships - At a time when the nation faces a critical nursing shortage and the economy is uncertain, scholarships become even more essential and offer educational opportunities to qualified students from a wide variety of backgrounds who dream of caring for patients, conducting research or teaching to open doors for those who will follow.
- College Resources - The College continually faces the challenge of maintaining facilities and teaching aids. By providing supporting technologies to keep up with constantly expanding scientific and medical knowledge and by renovating existing infrastructure to enhance student learning, we can maintain and improve the quality education MCCN is known for.
- Endowments – Endowments create permanent support and help to attract new, vital talent to Mount Carmel College of Nursing and development of New Programs is critical to preparing nurses of the future.
Mount Carmel College of Nursing Annual Giving Societies
|Eleanor Wilson Society
|Name on donor recognition plaques||Name on donor recognition plaques||Name on donor recognition plaques||Name on donor recognition plaques||Name on donor recognition plaques||Name on donor recognition plaques||Name on donor recognition plaques|
|Listing in Foundation Annual Report||Listing in Foundation Annual Report||Listing in Foundation Annual Report||Listing in Foundation Annual Report||Listing in Foundation Annual Report||Listing in Foundation Annual Report||Listing in Foundation Annual Report|
|Invitations to President’s Circle event, lectures & tours||Invitations to President’s Circle event, lectures & tours||Invitations to President’s Circle event, lectures & tours||Invitations to President’s Circle event, lectures & tours||Invitations to special events, lectures & tours||Invitations to special events, lectures & tours|
|Invitation to Foundation Red, White & Boom event||Invitation to Foundation Red, White & Boom event||Invitation to Foundation Red, White & Boom event||Invitation to Foundation Red, White & Boom event||Invitation to Foundation Red, White & Boom event||Gifts of $400+ will receive an invitation to Foundation Red, White & Boom event|
|Insider’s Email Newsletter||Insider’s Email Newsletter||Insider’s Email Newsletter||Insider’s Email Newsletter|
|Lifetime Membership in Alumni Association and/or Crystal Engraved Gift||Lifetime Membership in Alumni Association or Crystal Engraved Gift|
- Anderson Family Endowment Fund
- Michael A. Anthony, MD Scholarship
- Brenda Binkley Memorial Scholarship
- Beth Ann Bishop Memorial Scholarship
- Lori Burleson Caldwell Scholarship Endowment
- Cardinal Health Scholarship
- Columbus Medical Association Alliance Scholarship
- Michael Corey
- Phil and JoAnn Hall
- Hilty Scholarship Funds
- Marjorie Bolte Kelly
- Kelley Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Mary Linard Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Nan Lyndon's Compassion Scholarship
- MCCN Board of Trustees Scholarship
- Patricia A. McKnight, MS, RND, LD Scholarship Endowment
- Monsignor John J. McMahon Scholarship
- David and Bonnie Moses Scholarship
- Mount Carmel St. Ann's Auxiliary Scholarships
- Jill Marie Trego Rill Scholarship
- Francis and Lois Eikenbary Ryan Memorial Scholarship
- Robert G. and Kathryn R. Schwemley Foundation Scholarship
- Delores Street, Ohio Contractors Scholarship
- Trinity Scholarships
- Charles M. and Teresa D. Uhl Scholarship
- Josephine Walters Carestar Scholarship
- Monica and Stephen Walter Scholarship Fund
- Mary C. Wanner Memorial Scholarship
- Daniel Watt Memorial Scholarship
- Tammy Weidner Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Lillian Singer Will
- Regina & Robert Williams Scholarship
- Martha Dillon Zunich RN, JD Scholarship
Please consider a gift to the Annual Campaign through one of the following College Annual Giving Societies:
|$100 - $249||Centennial Club|
|$250 - $499||Ambassador Club|
|$500 - $999||Eleanor Wilson Society|
|$1,000 - $2,499||President’s Circle|
|$2,500 - $4,999||Lamp Society|
|$5,000 - $9,999||Nightingale Society|
|$10,000 +||Cornerstone Society|
For estate and irrevocable planned gifts, Click here for your resource for charitable gift planning.
Did You Know?
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. The impact of your gift to our College may be doubled or tripled! Some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
We Apreciate Your Support!
Whatever your interest, the Mount Carmel College of Nursing can put your generosity to work tomorrow, making quality healthcare education available and affordable for generations to come. To discuss the many opportunities your gift can provide, contact Alyssa Fry at 614.234.4760. To make your donation today, click here or mail your gift to:
Mount Carmel College of Nursing
127 S. Davis Avenue
Columbus, OH 43222
For additional information about effectively making personal gifts to MCCN and/or charitable gifts through your estate planning, please contact:
There are so many ways to answer a life’s calling. For some, it’s helping our students answer theirs. Join our alumni and friends by becoming a donor today – you’ll find there is no greater return on your investment than the positive impact your gift will have — not just on our students — but also on the patients and families they will care for over many years.
Gift of Education
By giving the Gift of Education, you help ensure that highly skilled nurses will be there – at the bedside, in the home, teaching the next generation and conducting research that advances understanding of health and disease.
The Gift of Story
Our students come to us with unique personal backgrounds, ambitions and accomplishments. Our donors range from loyal alumni to pillars of the community to dedicated clinicians and investors in nursing education. Interesting, inspiring, and intriguing.
Our dedicated alumni represent both our past and our future. They include honored graduates of our diploma-granting School of Nursing (1903 to 1989) as well as our degree-granting College of Nursing (1990 to present). Their collective memory of shared trials and triumphs reaches forward into the ever-expanding future of excellence in nursing education.
Alumni Relations and Publications
Helping our alumni stay connected with their alma mater is important to us. That’s why our Alumni Relations director is always eager to talk with you. And, our alumni are regularly featured in our publications, because the arc of their life stories — from why they entered nursing to incredible achievements and accolades — inspire our students and the community alike.