The safety and well-being of our students is always our top priority and we work hard to maintain a safe and secure environment for living and studying on both campuses.
Safety and Security officers are available for student escort after hours through each hospital’s Safety and Security offices. We are in full compliance with all regulations and reporting requirements, as noted and regularly updated in our Undergraduate Catalog.
Report Academic/Professional Misconduct
Mount Carmel College of Nursing is committed to maintaining a healthy and safe learning, living, educational, and working environment that is free from gender discrimination and harassment and to creating an environment that promotes responsibility, dignity, and respect in matters of sexual conduct. Title IX prohibits Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation of any kind on the basis of sex. Title IX also prohibits Violence Against Women Act offenses (“Sexual and Interpersonal Offenses”) such as sexual assault, sexual misconduct, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Any person, regardless of gender, can be a victim/survivor of a Title IX violation. This Policy applies to both on-campus and off-campus conduct, academic, educational, co-curricular, and other MCCN programs. Any Title IX violation is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated.
The MCCN Title IX Compliance Officer (“Compliance Officer”) handles matters related to Title IX violations. The Compliance Officer may be reached at 614-234-5021, 127 S. Davis Ave, Columbus, Ohio 43222 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the College's full policy, please see: http://catalog.mccn.edu/content.php?catoid=12&navoid=645#title_ix_compliance.
Any student that would like to report an issue regarding professional misconduct should contact the Academic and Professional Misconduct Committee:
Minimum Personal Computer Requirements
Mount Carmel College of Nursing does not require students to have their own computer. However, should you wish to purchase your own the following are suggested minimal personal computer requirements. You may be able to access course materials using computers with lower specifications.
- Modern computer (PC, Mac, or Linux machine) with adequate RAM (2 GB), Hard Drive space (250 GB) and processing speed (Dual core processor - at least 1 GHz)
- An e-mail account
- Audio card and computer speakers for online media content
- Video Card (128 MB memory)
- Access to the Internet via high-speed connection (Cable, SDL, Fiber, WiMax, etc.)
- Modern Internet browser software such as Internet Exployer 6.0 (of higher), Firefox 2.5 (or higher),or Safari
- ViruUpdated anti-virus software - free AVG anti-virus is available online
- Most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Flash Player (appropriate to your browser)
- Multi-purpose video player such as Quicktime digital media player, RealPlayer digital media player, Macromedia Shockwave player or VLC media player
- PowerPoint Viewer
- Office productivity suite capable of creating/editing/reading MS Office 2003 file versions. Acceptable products include Microsoft Office 2007, OpenOffice.org, NeoOffice, Thinkfree, StarOffice, IBM Lotus Symphony. The student/home version of Microsoft Office can be purchased inexpensively by checking Google Shopping Online.
- Printer (not required)
Housing is limited. Housing deposits can be made by credit card or check.
For credit card payments please call the Business Office at 614-234-2266. If paying by check please make the check payable to "Mount Carmel College of Nursing Housing Deposit" and mail to
Mount Carmel College of Nursing
127 S. Davis Avenue
Columbus, OH 43222
Attn: Kathy Smith
Apartments Provide Two-Bedroom Quad Occupancy.
Residence Hall applicants must be accepted and confirmed to attend Mount Carmel prior to submitting their application to live on campus.
There’s always something good to eat that’s good for you at Mount Carmel College of Nursing.
- On our main campus in Columbus — You’ll enjoy meet-ups over coffee at Charlie’s Java Jolt. Familiar fare is available on campus at Tim Horton’s and Sbarro’s pizzeria. Nutritious, balanced meals are available in the hospital cafeteria and, of course, students in residence have their own fully equipped kitchens.
- On our satellite campus MCCN at Fairfield Medical Center in Lancaster, Ohio, the Conversations Coffee Shop is a great place to meet, and nutritious, balanced meals are avilable in the hospital cafeteria.
Starting your undergraduate nursing career at Mount Carmel College of Nursing this fall? Then join us for an exciting day to teach you the ropes of your first year of nursing school!
“Smart Start” is a three day-long seminar that will gear you with the information you need to succeed at MCCN. You will learn “academic survival skills” and get the inside scoop of some of the great things MCCN has to offer. Put yourself ahead of the pack and sign up today!
Smart Start will be offered June 12, 13 and 14 from 9:00am-3:30pm at Mount Carmel College of Nursing. The program will be facilitated by Dr. Katheryn Fernandez.
Interested? RSVP Joanna Worthington, at email@example.com to reserve your place today.
For more information about student life on the campus at Mount Carmel College of Nursing, please e-mail program director, Colleen Cipriani at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-234-5828.