Provide clinical experiences on a medical-surgical unit, focusing on the surgical population: OR/PACU observation and post op care.
- Mount Carmel School of Nursing-Diploma 1982
- Capital University-BSN 1991
- MCCN-MS 2006
- Medical-Surgical certification 1990-current
Certifications, Honors & Achievements
- 2007 Excellence and Innovation award for outstanding achievement in support of Best People/Spiritual Workplace
- 1995 Employee of the Month, Mount Carmel West, Columbus, Ohio
- 1991 Graduated Cum Laude, Capital University, Columbus, Ohio
- 2013 Nurse reviewer for Modules: Postoperative care, Bladder irrigation-continuous, T-Tube drain and care of for Lippincott’s Procedures & Skills
- 2012 Nurse reviewer for Enteral Lippincott Module.
- 2012 Nurse reviewer for The Joint Commission’s Goal and standards regarding. Encouraging Patients’ Active Involvement in Their Care.
- 2009 New Nursing Grads, Now That We Have Them, How Do We Keep Them? Journal of Staff Development
- 2009 Nurse reviewer for Lippincott’s Nursing Procedures & Skills, Transfer from bed to wheelchair, transfer of a patient within a facility, transfer of a patient to an acute care facility, and transfer of a patient to an extended care facility.
Many as a MCW Clinical Educator
- August, 2000 to present, Support Avondale Elementary school drives for school supplies and Christmas presents.
- June, 1982 to present - Participates in food and scholarship drives for church, hospital and college.