Documents Required for Admissions : Second Degree Accelerated Program
- PDF Application (Applications for the 2019 Second Degree Accelerated Program will be available February 1, 2018.)
- Application Fee ($30)
- High School Transcript
- College Transcript(s)
- Essay (In 300 words or less, answer the following question: As a future nurse, what do you think you will contribute to nursing?)
- Activities/Interest Resume
- WES Evaluation**
- TOEFL Scores***
- Copy of Visa or Permanent Resident Card (if applicable)
* Prospective students who have not completed high school are required to submit documentation that they have earned their GED. Please note that MCCN requires that students with a GED must successfully complete the required college preparatory course work with a grade of “C” or better. These courses can be taken at the college level.
** Applicants who have taken course work or earned a degree abroad are required to have foreign credit evaluated by World Education Services (WES). To learn more about how to have international college credit evaluated, please visit www.wes.org.
*** Transfer or Advanced Placement applicants hose native language is not English are required to take and submit scores for the Test for English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required score is 79 for internet-based, 213 on computer-based and 550 on paper-based.
Please note that TOEFL scores are valid two (2) years from the test date. To learn more about the TOEFL, please visit www.ets.org/toefl
Prior to enrollment students will also be required to submit:
- Current professional-level CPR certification (American Heart Association or American Red Cross)
- Completed institutional health requirements
- Criminal background check (state and federal)
- Testing for drug and substance abuse