of being a teacher.
I never dreamed
of being an astronaut,
an artist, or movie
star. I dreamed
of being a nurse.
Family Nurse Practitioner
Our Family Nurse Practitioner track is designed for RNs who are ready to pursue graduate education that will lead to a primary care focused advanced practice nursing role. The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) provides comprehensive primary health care services to individuals from infancy through adulthood. FNPs are prepared to provide care to individuals with acute illnesses such as bronchitis or minor infections and chronic illnesses such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and obesity. Preventive health services, patient education, disease management and other health initiatives are provided to heal the body, mind and spirit within the context of family and community.
Upon completion of the Family Nurse Practitioner track, graduates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Assume advanced nursing roles in clinical practice
- Deliver competent health care to diverse populations within the community
- Use epidemiological, social, and environmental data to draw inferences to effectively assist patients in achieving and/or maintaining optimal health or to stabilize chronic conditions
- Design health promotion and disease prevention clinical programs for individuals and families in primary care settings
- Evaluate nursing practice and health care to produce quality outcomes of evidence-based primary care services throughout the community
- Demonstrate leadership in clinical practice
- Use ethical decision making in the delivery of primary care services for vulnerable populations
- Collaborate with intra and interdisciplinary professionals to achieve quality outcomes in nursing practice
- Facilitate the use of evidence-based practice in nursing
- Promote nursing as a profession and a discipline
- College Viewbook, Graduate Program
- Sample Curriculum of Study
- Master's Tuition and Fees
- Master's Application
For more information, call the Graduate Advisor at 614-234-5408 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.