Post-Master’s Certificate: Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Online Program
Mount Carmel College of Nursing’s online Post-Master’s Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ag-acnp) Certificate Program is designed for experienced Advanced Practice Nurses. Eligible APRNS are those with at least 12 months of experience who are currently working in critical or acute care settings and hold an active, unrestricted Ohio license.
These advanced professionals are typically employed in hospital settings, including intensive care, sub-acute care and emergency rooms but may also be employed in ambulatory, outpatient and rehabilitative settings to provide population-based care across the healthcare continuum for the purpose of restoring individuals to their maximal health potential, following an acute care episode. The program is offered online.
The Post-Masters Certificate program will meet the professional standards set forth by the American Nurse Credentialing Center and the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. In only two semesters (17 – 20 semester hours) you will be eligible for your certification as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.
- Deliver competent healthcare to diverse young adult, adult and older adult populations for individuals, communities and systems
- Use epidemiological, social and environmental data to draw inferences to effectively assist patients in achieving and/or maintaining optimum health or to stabilize chronic health conditions
- Facilitate and demonstrate the use of evidence-based practice in nursing
- Design health promotion and disease prevention clinical programs for young adult, adult and older adult populations experiencing acute, critical, and chronically ill diseases
- Evaluate nursing practice and health care to produce quality outcomes of evidence-based acute and chronic care services for individuals, communities and systems
- Enhance leadership in clinical practice
- Use ethical decision making in the delivery of acute, critical, and chronically ill care services for vulnerable populations
- Collaborate with intra- and interdisciplinary professionals to achieve quality outcomes in advanced nursing practice
- Demonstrate scholarly inquiry through verbal and written communication in clinical scholarship
Post-Masters Certificate: Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Online Program classes begin Spring term.
- Applications open August 1 to November 30
This online certificate program is two semesters in length if the program of study is followed. All students must successfully complete specialty track coursework, achieve 500 clinical practicum hours and maintain a 3.0 GPA to earn a program certificate.
Plan of Study
- NUR 586: Acute, Critical, and Chronic Clinical Management I: spring semester
- NUR 587: Acute, Critical, and Chronic Clinical Management II: summer semester
It is possible that a certified nurse practitioner with acute care setting experience of at least one year will be given transfer credit for the clinical practicum hour requirement, This will be determined on an individual basis following national accreditation guidelines.