Mount Carmel College of Nursing believes that certain functional abilities and performance standards are necessary for safe practice of professional nursing. These include:
- Ability to see, hear, touch, smell, and distinguish colors
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language, both written and verbal
- Ability to speak and write with accuracy, clarity and efficiency
- Manual dexterity (gross and fine movements)
- Ability to learn, think critically, analyze, assess, solve problems, and reach judgment
- Emotional stability and the ability to accept responsibility and accountability
Students will need to demonstrate satisfactory application of these functions and competencies during their course of study in nursing. Students should consider their ability to demonstrate these functions and competencies when applying for admission to Mount Carmel College of Nursing.