Please welcome Kathy Schumacher, MSA, CPHQ, FACHE, as Interim President of Mount Carmel College of Nursing. Ms. Schumacher was selected by Mount Carmel Health System and the MCCN Board of Trustees to lead the College during a four-to-six week transition period until another interim president is selected. The interim president, who will be selected through the Registry for College and University Presidents, will serve MCCN for 12 to 18 months, while a nationwide search for a new president is conducted.
MCCN is in steady hands with Ms. Schumacher who also serves Mount Carmel as Interim Vice President of Operations, Mount Carmel Health System. She has more than 30 years of healthcare experience which began as a high school student in a co-op role and working as a unit secretary.
She received a bachelor’s from Walsh College, in Troy, Mich., and a Master of Science in Health/Health Care Administration from Central Michigan University. She is certified in Health Care Quality and is a Fellow, American College of Healthcare Executives. She has held several leadership positions in hospital operations, quality, patient safety and as a Simulation Center director.
She is committed to hearing from students, faculty and staff and keeping everyone informed during the transition period. She has set aside specific periods of time to listen to and address concerns (see dates of upcoming events below) and is looking forward to facilitating a seamless transition through the end of this academic year. Ms. Schumacher may be reached through TalkToYourPres@mccn.edu.
Mark Your Calendar
- Monday through Wednesday, April 3 to 5 | CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) is conducting a site visit of MCCN for the Post-Master’s Nurse Practitioner Certificate Programs and the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree.
- Thursday, April 6 | noon to 1 p.m. | Student Information Session (students only) with Ms. Schumacher in the Lounge
- Thursday, April 6 | 3 p.m. | College Assembly (Faculty & Staff) in the Lounge
- Monday, April 10 | noon | Passover and Easter Prayer Service in the Lounge
- Monday, April 17 | noon to 1 p.m. | Student Information Session (students only) with Ms. Schumacher in the MSB Auditorium
- Monday, May 1 | noon to 1 p.m. | MCCN Lounge Info session hosted by Human Resources to specifically address the tuition benefit for MCHS employed students
- Thursday, May 4 | 6:30 p.m. | Graduate Blessing and Recognition Ceremony in the MSB Auditorium
- Friday, May 5 | 7 p.m. | Senior Pinning and Recognition Ceremony at the Grove City Church of the Nazarene
- Saturday, May 6 | noon | Commencement at the Grove City Church of the Nazarene
- Wednesday, May 10 | Interprofessional Research and Evidence-Based Practice Day in the MSB Auditorium.