In addition to the scholarships, loans, and other financial aid options available to Mount Carmel College of Nursing students, you may be eligible to receive tuition discounts and work-related aid.
Employee/Dependent of Employee Discount
If youre a Mount Carmel employee or the dependent of a Mount Carmel employee, you may be eligible to attend Mount Carmel College of Nursing at a significant discount.
Full-time employees who have completed six months of service are eligible for discounted tuition, as are dependent children (including adopted children and stepchildren) whose parents have completed one year of full time employment with Mount Carmel.
College Work Program
The College Work Program is another form of financial aid. Participants in the program receive a financial award in exchange for providing service to the College. The Director of Financial Aid awards eligible students the opportunity to participate in the College Work Program (CWP). Below are the program specifics.
- You must complete an application, which will assess your job skills, employment experience, and available work hours.
- You must be enrolled and attending class in the same term as your involvement in the program.
- The Director of Financial Aid and/or the Director of Business Affairs conducts interviews with eligible students.
- The Director of Business Affairs administers the CWP, including coordinating the Colleges available employment opportunities, matching qualified students with employment assignments, conducting evaluations of students job performance each semester, and crediting students accounts.
- Job opportunities are solicited from faculty and professional staff. Faculty and professional staff interested in employing CWP students submit a detailed job description listing tasks to be performed, job skills required, and hours needed per week, to the Director of Business Affairs.
- The starting wage for the program is $6.70 per hour. You may be eligible for annual increases based on your performance reviews if you continue in the program.
- You may average up to 10 work hours per week but cannot exceed 19 hours in any one-week period.
- You must sign a CWP agreement, which constitutes a commitment for the number of hours to be worked. You also must sign the Code of Responsibility for Security and Confidentiality of Data.
- Your bi-weekly time sheets must be signed by your supervisor and submitted to the Director of Business Affairs, who credits your account for the wages earned. You receive a bi-weekly statement to verify your earnings.
- You may withdraw from the program at any time. To withdraw, you must give two weeks notice, in writing, to the Director of Business Affairs.
- CWP students with unsatisfactory job performance or incomplete contracted time may be dropped from the program.
For more information about the College Work Program or to apply, call the Financial Aid Office at 614-234-5177.