Ohio Board of Nursing Provisional Approval Status
Mount Carmel College of Nursing (MCCN) received Provisional Approval for its pre-licensure program for a period of one year from the Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN).
From the OBN website:
“The approval status granted by the Board to a program that was previously granted Full Approval and that failed to meet and maintain the requirements of Chapter 4723-5 Ohio Administrative Code. The Board grants Provisional Approval to a program for a specific time period, during which the program must demonstrate that it meets and maintains the Board’s requirements in order to regain Full Approval status.”
More details about the OBN approval process can be found here.
- The OBN regulates all pre-licensure nursing education programs in Ohio.
- In February 2018, the OBN conducted its routine accreditation survey of MCCN's pre-licensure program.
- We received citations, which we responded to in March 2018.
- On May 16, 2018, at the OBN Board meeting, the OBN reviewed the findings of the site visit and appeal and granted Provisional Approval for the pre-licensure program for a period of one year.
- The Board grants Provisional Approval to a program for a specific time period, during which the program must demonstrate that it meets and maintains the OBN's requirements in order to regain Full Approval status.
- The Provisional Approval is a result of missing a deadline to notify the OBN of the interim academic dean at the College. The filing was completed three days late.
- It does not impact our ability to continue recruiting and educating nurses. New graduates also will be able to sit for the NCLEX.
- We are required to notify accrediting bodies, students and prospective students of the designation. Notification of those stakeholders is in process.