The NEW Second Degree Accelerated Program-HYBRID
Are you ready to pursue a new career as a professional nurse, but need to work or maintain other obligations while working toward your Bachelor of Science in Nursing?
Our highly sought Second Degree Accelerated Program (SDAP) is now available for busy adults who want to maintain full- or part-time employment or maintain life balance while answering their life’s calling to a career in nursing. Our new SDAP-Hybrid (SDAP-H) at Mount Carmel College of Nursing is highly flexible and especially designed to meet your needs! In just 18 months you can earn your Bachelor of Science and start the career of a lifetime.
The MCCN SDAP-H Hybrid prepares graduates to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN), administered through the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- A unique hybrid of online and face-to-face instruction
- Designed for the busy lifestyle: Life balance between personal and professional obligations
- Same student learning outcomes, courses, and laboratory and clinical experiences as our full-time SDAP degree
- Evenings and weekends for classes, lab and clinical experiences
- Personalized instruction
- Manageable increments for student coursework
- Same admission requirements as our full-time SDAP degree
- Completion within an 18-month time period
Admission requirements needed prior to applying include
- Completion of a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution by July 30 prior to spring semester start and June 15 prior to fall semester start. Science courses must be completed within five years of the start of the program. All prerequisite courses must be complete before the start of the program (January Spring Start of August for Fall Start).
- Cumulative recommended 3.0 GPA for all previous college coursework.
- If the college degree is earned from an institution of higher education outside of the United States, the applicant must contact the World Education Services and have a transcript evaluation completed and mailed to MCCN (www.wes.org).
- TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 79 (new internet-based) for students whose first language is not English
Stop dreaming about changing careers and apply today!
- Application deadline is November 1, 2019 for Spring 2020 and June 15, 2020 for August 2020
- Program begins January 2020
- Graduate in June 2021 for SP20 start or June 2022 for FA20
- Attend an Information session by signing up here
Need more information? Contact MCCN Admissions at email@example.com or 614.234.4CON