Admissions Criteria: Second Degree Accelerated HybridProgram (SDAP-H)
The highly competitive Second Degree Accelerated Hybrid Program (SDAP-H) accepts students to begin in January of each year.
Admission to the 18 month program requires
- Completion of a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is recommended (not required)
- Successful completion of all prerequisite course work, with a grade of "C" or better. A ‘C-’ will not be accepted.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I*
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II*
- Organic Biochemistry*
- Human Nutrition*
- Human Growth & Development
- Comparative Religions
- English Composition
- General Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- 5 Semester hours of Humanities/Social Science electives
- Interview (not all applicants will be interviewed)
- Essay (In 350 words or less, answer the following question: As a future nurse, what do you think you will contribute to nursing?
- TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 79 (new internet-based) for students whose native language is not English
If the college degree is earned from an institution of higher education outside of the United States, the applicant must contact the World Education Services and have a transcript evaluation completed and mailed to MCCN. To learn more about how to have international college credit evaluated, please visit www.wes.org.
* Science courses must be complete within five (5) years of enrollment to receive credit.
** Science course taken 5 or more years ago will not be accepted as transfer credit.