Fast Facts: Nationwide Children’s Hospital Colleagues
A leader in nursing education for more than a century, Mount Carmel offers an evidence-based and flexible online Bachelor of Science program designed by expert faculty—all to fit the busy lifestyles and schedules of licensed registered nurses. With full accreditation and a student-first focus, Mount Carmel College of Nursing is committed to advancing nursing careers to meet the critical demands of today’s healthcare environments.
1. How many credits are required for graduation?
128 semester credits are required for the baccalaureate degree. 84 of those credits are transferred from coursework completed in prior nursing education. The MCCN program offers the remaining 44 credits to complete the degree.
2. How long will it take to complete the program?
- Full time — complete the program in 2.5 semesters
- Part time — complete the program in 4 to 5 semesters taking one class per session*
* Courses are offered in 6-week sessions.
There are 3 sessions offered Fall and Spring Semesters; 2 sessions offered during the Summer Semester.
3. What are the admission requirements?
The RN student must have a current, unencumbered state license. No nursing proficiency or placement exams are required for admission. The applicant must have completed 32 semester credit hours in nursing, 52 semester credit hours in general education courses, and a minimum 2.0 GPA in prior coursework.
4. What are other requirements of the program?
- Students must complete an online orientation program prior to starting the first course to maximize their opportunity for success in an online study environment
5. Is tuition assistance available?
Check with your respective Human Resources Department for further information related to specific tuition assistance benefits from your institution.
Federal aid (loans and grants) is available from the College for eligible students. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online to initiate the federal aid process.
6. How and when do I apply?
Students are admitted before each semester, three times a year. Applications must be submitted online 6 weeks prior to the start of a semester and must be accompanied by a $30 application fee. Applications must be accompanied by college transcripts for all post-secondary coursework.
7. Whom should I contact for more information?
Visit www.mccn.edu/MyRN2BSN or contact:
Peggy Shaw, MSN/ED, BSN, RN
Program Admissions Advisor
Therese Snively, PhD, RN