Post-Graduate Certification Tracks
If you have a Master of Science (MS or MSN) degree in the field of nursing and wish to take your career to a higher level with a post master’s graduate certificate in a focused field of study, Mount Carmel College of Nursing offers a certification through a variety of track options.
Our Post-Graduate Certification Tracks:
View our Graduate Handbook for more information.
The admission requirements for each program include:
- Completed application ($30 fee)
- Master’s degree in nursing (MS or MSN) from an accredited program; accreditation by either the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (formally NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Current, unrestricted APRN license or eligibility for Ohio APRN licensure as indicated
- Current APRN specialty certification
- Two letters of recommendation (from individuals such as work supervisor, professional colleagues, and former faculty members who hold a minimum of a Master’s degree)
- A typed statement of purpose written by the applicant that outlines applicant's goals and objectives for pursuit of graduate studies in the Certificate Program
- A cumulative graduate point average (GPA) of 3.0, on a 4.0 scale
- Interview at the discretion of the interview committee
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Two years clinical experience in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) or similar high-acuity within the last five years is recommended for Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP)
- Recent clinical experience is recommended for Family Nurse Practitioner
- Two years of clinical experience is recommended for Nursing Education and Nursing Administration
- Please refer to individual Master’s tracks for admission criteria and materials
- Completed Application
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- One-page typed statement of purpose written by the applicant that outlines applicant's goals and objectives for pursuit of graduate studies in the specialty track
- Current, unrestricted Ohio RN license or eligibility for Ohio Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- Two recommendation letters (from individuals such as: work supervisors, professional colleagues, and former faculty members who hold a minimum of a Master’s level degree)
- Official TOEFL scores for students for whom English is not the native language; minimum required TOEFL score of 550 (paper based}, 213 (computer-based) or 79-80 (Internet based); TOEFL scores are valid two years from the test date. To learn more about the TOEFL, visit www.ets.org/toefl.
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges/universities
- Candidates applying for the Online AG-ACNP Post-Graduate Certificate Program must complete the Academic Verification Form as a part of the application process.
Note: MCCN distance education program cannot currently admit students from the state of Colorado. . Out-of-state admissions are subject to verification of regulations in the student's state of residence and may affect the student's ability matriculate.
Important Note for Prospective Students
If you are considering an online program that leads to a professional license in a state other than Ohio, it is highly recommended that you contact the appropriate licensing agency in your state to seek information and additional guidance before beginning the program. For licensing board contact information, licensure requirements and program approval status. State nursing board contact information is available through NCSBN.
For more information about our post-master’s certification completion rates, the median debt of students who have completed the program, and other important information, please visit: www.mccn.edu/ge-disclosures
The baccalaureate, master’s and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs at Mount Carmel College of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.
Apply for Admission to MCCN
Let’s get started! You can apply online or complete a paper application and mail it to us. Take a few minutes to review the requirements for admission and the deadlines to apply for the program in which you want to enroll. Whatever program you choose, you’ll get an unsurpassed education and clinical opportunities. From our outstanding undergraduate BSN program to our master’s programs, including Doctor of Nursing Practice, we provide quality education that encompasses the best of compassion, commitment and competence.