Consumer Health Library Opens
Mount Carmel Health Sciences Library (MCHSL) proudly inaugurated its brand new Consumer Health Library (CHL) on Thursday, Mar. 24. It is a free, comprehensive medical library open to all members of our community as a "source of truth" in the volumes of health information currently available, particularly on the Internet. The CHL's resources emphasize understanding and treatment of disease as well as prevention, health and wellness.
The CHL offers:
- Professional staff to assist you.
- Consumer health books plus an extensive consumer health DVD collection.
- Consumer health journals, health magazines and newsletters.
- Access to bilingual (English/Spanish, and other languages) professionally selected recommended Consumer Health Links and information covering different health topics.
- Information on local and national professional health agencies, organizations and support groups.
Located at 777 Davis Ave., Building 2, Suite 201B on the MCW campus, the CHL professional staff will provide in-person and virtual services Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.