2013 Call for Nominations Exemplary Academic-Practice Partnership AwardDeadline: September 13, 2013
This annual award recognizes AACN member institutions involved in highly productive and model academic-practice partnerships. This award is presented annually at the AACN's Fall Semiannual Meeting.
- The academic-practice partnership demonstrates an innovative and sustained relationship that extends beyond clinical placements.
- The partnership demonstrates a commitment to the Guiding Principles for Academic-Practice Partnerships developed by AACN and AONE: www.aacn.nche.edu/leading-initiatives/academic-practice-partnerships/GuidingPrinciples.pdf
- The academic-practice partnership demonstrates positive outcomes that are measurable.
- The partnership has been in place for at least a year.
Submitting a Nomination
Nominations can be made by submitting the following information to AACN:
- One-page description of the academic practice partnership including outcomes achieved.
- Completed Interactive Tool Kit Template and completed Partnership Expectations and Outcomes Matrix found online at www.aacn.nche.edu/leading-initiatives/academic-practice-partnerships.
- Schools may only submit one award nomination in any given year.
- Deadline to submit nomination is September 13, 2013.
Selection of Award Winners
All nominations will be reviewed by an awards review committee and approved by the AACN Board of Directors. The review committee reserves the right not to recommend an award in any given year. The dean/director of the program receiving the award and the practice representative will be recognized at the AACN Fall Semiannual Meeting and highlighted in AACN newsletters and press releases as well as on the AACN Web site. A plaque will be provided to both the dean and the practice partner.
For more information, contact Jennifer Ahearn at firstname.lastname@example.org.