AACN Selects Korn/Ferry International to Lead the Search for the Next Chief Executive Officer
WASHINGTON, DC, November 20, 2013 – The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) is pleased to announce that it has retained Korn/Ferry International to conduct the search for a new Chief Executive Officer. On October 28, Geraldine Polly Bednash, PhD, RN, FAAN, announced her plans to retire as AACN’s CEO effective June 15, 2014 following 28 years of service to the organization.
"AACN's search committee engaged in a rigorous process to find the right executive recruitment team that we feel best matches the association's needs,” said AACN President Jane Kirschling who is leading the search committee. “Following interviews and negotiations with a number of qualified firms, we selected Korn/Ferry to help us lead this important effort."
Lorraine Lavet, Korn/Ferry's Sector Leader for National Association Specialty Practice, will lead the search for the firm along with her colleague Maureen Ryan, Senior Client Partner for Healthcare Services.
With the hiring of Korn/Ferry International, the next step in the recruitment process is for the search committee and firm to develop a job description and qualifications, which is expected to take one month. The search committee has been appointed and includes:
- Jane Kirschling, PhD, RN, FAAN, Dean, School of Nursing, University of Maryland
- Eileen Breslin, PhD, RN, FAAN, Dean, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center – San Antonio
- Cynthia McCurren, PhD, RN, Dean, Kirkhof College of Nursing, Grand Valley State University
- Patsy Ruchala, DNSc, RN, Director, Orvis School of Nursing, University of Nevada, Reno
- Stephen C. Shannon, DO, MPH, President, American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
Interested candidates may contact Korn/Ferry directly for more information and instructions by sending an email to Lorraine.Lavet@kornferry.com.