Mount Carmel’s parent organization, CHE Trinity Health, has announced its new name – Trinity Health. Along with the new system name and logo, the new Trinity Health Mission Statement and Core Values were rolled out as well.
Trinity Health’s new Mission Statement is: “We serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.”
The new Core Values are:
- Reverence: We honor the sacredness and dignity of every person.
- Commitment to Those Who are Poor: We stand with and serve those who are poor, especially those most vulnerable.
- Justice: We foster right relationships to promote the common good, including sustainability of Earth.
- Stewardship: We honor our heritage and hold ourselves accountable for the human, financial and natural resources entrusted to us.
- Integrity: We are faithful to who we say we are.
- Compassion: We understand and respond to the suffering of others.
- Excellence: We have an unrelenting commitment to quality and patient safety.
Attached is a Frequently Asked Questions sheet, which goes into greater detail about the strategic vision behind the name selection, graphic identity and the mission.
All Regional Health Ministries (RHM) within the Trinity Health network, which spans 20 states, will retain their names. Mount Carmel College of Nursing also will keep its existing mission statement, which aligns with nursing education and will continue to use the existing Mount Carmel logo for brand continuity, as will Mount Carmel Health System.
This is an exciting time for us to be a part of this outstanding national system that is among the largest Catholic health systems in the United States.