All students are invited to join Campus Ministry on an adventure of a lifetime to Washington, D.C., from Monday, May 9 to Saturday, May 14. Participants will have the chance to:
- Approach our Capitol Hill law makers on bettering the plight of the homeless, stopping human trafficking and increasing wages for the low income worker
- Serve the homeless through Daily Bread Breakfast Ministry and the Central Union Mission
- Meet with groups of immigrants and learn of their struggle
- Fly Southwest Airlines and stay at the Adam’s Inn Bed and Breakfast, 2.8 miles from Capitol Hill
- Have a great time together celebrating a year of hard academic work and visiting the Smithsonian and other landmarks
Cost: $350. A $50 deposit is due February 26 to reserve airline tickets. Space is limited. To sign up, contact Dr. Ellen O’Shaughnessy, director of Campus Ministry, at (614) 582-7790. Some of your activities on this trip can count toward your community service requirement.