Rho Omicron Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) Chapter
STTI: A Lifelong Resource
STTI membership in both the local chapter and at the international level provides valuable resources designed to meet your specific needs at every stage of your nursing career.
Customize Your Experience
Whether you are starting your career as a nurse or are looking to expand your nursing knowledge, STTI allows you to customize your membership experience.
Connect, learn, and grow with STTI by:
- Engaging in mentor and leadership development experiences.
- Connecting with a career advisor.
- Earning continuing nursing education credits.
- Staying up to date with the latest research and nursing trends through STTI publications.
- Interacting with nurses around the globe in discussion groups.
- Presenting research and networking with other nurse leaders at STTI events.
Mount Carmel College of Nursing had the honor of establishing its own chapter in April of 2002, Rho Omicron, of Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) an Honor Society of Nursing. STTI is a national organization committed to nursing excellence through service, research, leadership, scholarship, knowledge, and professional development all centered on improving world health.
Faculty members and students at Mount Carmel College of Nursing as well as nurse leaders have the opportunity to join the Rho Omicron chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, the Honor Society of Nursing. Sigma Theta Tau provides leadership and scholarship in practice, education, and research to enhance the health of all people, supporting the learning and professional development of members, who strive to improve nursing care worldwide.
Rho Omicron chapter activities/benefits include the chance to interact with other nurses in your area, serve on committees and assemblies, attend educational offerings, leadership opportunities, and community service.
International activities/benefits include opportunities to interact with colleagues and benefit from research conferences, biennial conventions, regional assemblies, and other nursing and healthcare-related activities.
- Dues: Annual $94.50
- Inductees: $115.00
- Must be enrolled in a bachelor's nursing program or equivalent
- Achieve academic excellence based on set criteria (minimum 3.0 GPA based on 4.0 scale)
- Are ranked in the top 35% of their nursing class
- Have completed one-half of the nursing curriculum
- Have completed one-fourth of the nursing curriculum
- Achieve academic excellence (minimum 3.5 GPA based on 4.0 scale)
- Meet the expectations of academic integrity
- Registered Nurses
- Are legally recognized to practice nursing in their country
- Have a minimum of a baccalaureate degree or equivalent in any field
- Demonstrate achievement and leadership in nursing are invited into membership.
Board of Directors and Committee Assignments