About the College
Realize Your Dream
Mount Carmel College of Nursing is a private, Catholic institution on the campus of Mount Carmel West hospital just west of downtown Columbus, Ohio. A provider of nursing education for more than a century, our baccalaureate program is among the largest in the state of Ohio.
Reach Your Goals
Our academic offerings include both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in Nursing, an RN-BSN Completion Program, a Second Degree Accelerated Program, a Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice. Through affiliation with Mount Carmel Health System, we provide clinical experiences at three large acute-care hospitals, a drug/substance abuse center, a nursing/rehab center, and a psychiatric facility, in addition to opportunities with community-based agencies and a local elementary school.
Among the many interesting activities our students enjoy are membership in the Student Nursing Association of Mount Carmel (SNAM), working with the Campus Ministry group, student government, and the prestige of the Rho Omicron chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, the nursing honor society.
Small classes, personal attention, and state-of-the-art facilities contribute to an atmosphere of excellence that has made thousands of nurses and dietitians proud to be Mount Carmel graduates.
Mount Carmel College of Nursing, a collaborative learning community, serving in the spirit of the Catholic tradition, offers excellent science-based education in nursing and allied health in a caring, respectful, and socially responsible environment.
- Academic Excellence
- Social Responsibility
- Serve the community.
- Offer educational opportunities for holistic development of outstanding healthcare professionals.
- Respect diverse spiritual and cultural values.
- The graduates demonstrate competence for practice.
- The faculty demonstrate excellence in teaching, service, scholarship, and practice.
- The teaching-learning process occurs in an environment supportive of diversity.
- The faculty, students, and staff provide quality healthcare programs and services to communities.