Hats off to members of the Class of 2017 who graduated this past weekend. Approximately 280 graduates participated in a weekend chock full of events – the Graduate Blessing and Recognition Ceremony on Thursday evening, Senior Pinning and Presentation of Student Awards on Friday and Commencement on Saturday. Witnessed by family, friends, faculty, staff and the MCCN Board of Trustees, the events served as a milestone for accomplishments well-earned by the now MCCN alumni.
At the first ever Graduate Blessing and Recognition Ceremony, Sister Barbara Hahl, CSC, blessed the master’s hoods before they were presented to more than 50 graduate students to be worn at Commencement. Awards were presented to one student from each master’s track, and the Ann Schiele Caring Award was awarded to Cora Arledge (’17 ’12), MS, RN, coordinator of the MCCN-Lancaster campus. Other awardees included:
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist: Adonyah Whipple
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner: Krista Thatcher
- Family Nurse Practitioner: Sara Jo Harbison
- Nursing Administration: Tyler Stanford
- Nursing Education: Jill Schimmoeller
The nomination process is now open for the 2017 Mount Carmel Excellence in Nursing Awards, sponsored by Mount Carmel College of Nursing and Mount Carmel Patient Care Services. These awards recognize nurses, nurse leaders, nurse educators and physicians who exemplify outstanding practice. Visit http://www.mccn.edu/mailings/2017/ein/ for more information and to nominate today!
Please mark your calendars for the upcoming events:
- APP Sophomore Pinning: Friday, June 2 at 3 p.m. in the MSB Auditorium
- Faculty & Staff Welcome Back Breakfast: Monday, August 7 at 8:30 a.m. in the College Gym
- New Student Orientation: Wednesday, August 9 at 8 a.m. on the College campus
- Convocation: Wednesday, August 9 at 4 p.m. at Holy Family Catholic Church
- Golf Outing: Monday, August 28 at noon at Pinnacle Golf Club in Grove City, Ohio