What: Mount Carmel College of Nursing (MCCN) Convocation Ceremony to celebrate the start of the 2018-19 academic year.
When: Thursday, August 9, 2018
Who: Attending will be 188 MCCN new freshmen and transfer students; faculty and staff; College and Mount Carmel Health System leadership; and Mount Carmel College of Nursing Board of Trustees.
Where: Convocation Itinerary is as follows:
- 8:35 a.m.: Class photo taken in front of College located at 127 South Davis Avenue
- 8:45 a.m.: Procession around the College campus begins. Led by a bagpiper and faculty (who will be dressed in regalia), the class will process from the main entrance of the College through streets of Franklinton (W. Town St., S. Souder Ave. and Mount Carmel Mall) to the Medical Staff Building Auditorium
- 9 – 10 a.m.: Convocation ceremony in the MSB Auditorium
- 10 – 1 p.m.: New Student Welcome Day
- In keeping with Convocation tradition, a bagpiper will lead the College’s newest class of nursing students in a colorful, musical display of joy and anticipation of the new academic year
- Convocation caps New Student Welcome (orientation) which is held same day
- Classes begin Monday, August 13, 2018
- A total of 188 undergraduate and 104 graduate students will join MCCN this academic year. Approximately 1,100 students are enrolled at MCCN.
Mount Carmel College of Nursing offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees in nursing. It is among the largest baccalaureate nursing programs in the state of Ohio.