Mount Carmel College of Nursing’s Master of Science Program Nursing Leadership - Clinical Operations is a dynamic program designed for career-minded nurses who are ready to expand their knowledge and expertise in nursing leadership. The online program focuses on developing core leadership skills of practicing nurses and prepares them to act and think strategically, lead organizations through improvement and innovation efforts while participating in policy decisions. Course work covers a variety of business functions relative to clinical operations management such as safety, quality, and risk management; patient and population health advocacy; clinical care delivery and optimal patient outcomes; healthy work environments; strategic, financial, and human resource management; legal and regulatory compliance; networking, partnering, and collaborating; and, accountability/advocacy for employees.
Upon completion of the Nursing Leadership in Clinical Operations, graduates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate leadership involvement within the practice setting, profession, health system, and society.
- Promote communication that result in the effective exchange of information, relationship building, and shared decision-making.
- Demonstrate effective partnership and interpersonal collaboration with diverse stakeholders to advance nursing practice, population health, and healthcare transformation.
- Integrate and apply current knowledge, evidence, and research findings into practice contributing to systems-based, quality, and safety improvements.
- Apply business skills to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate evidence-based services that are person-centered, culturally appropriate, and fiscally responsible.
Post-Master’s Certificate Nursing Leadership - Clinical Operations classes begin Fall Semester.
- Fall Cohort Start: August 1
- Spring Cohort Start: November 30
- Summer Cohort Start: March 30
* Start date dependent on previous academic credits
The certificate programs are approximately 3 semesters in length depending on the candidate's transfer credit. However, all students must successfully complete specialty track coursework, complete 150 educational practicum hours and maintain a 3.0 GPA to earn a program certificate.
Nursing Leadership - Clinical Operations Post-master's Certificate Gainful Employment Disclosure