SNAM is the Student Nurses Association of Mount Carmel. SNAM is the local chapter of the national organization NSNA, National Student Nurses Association. SNAM’s goal is to provide further education for the students of MCCN. Our goal is to enrich our education through monthly seminars and projects run by student leaders.
Our organization is an opportunity to empower students of MCCN to improve their knowledge and readiness for the clinical setting through rich discussion. It is our role as leaders to make MCCN a place for all students to feel a part of something greater during their four years of nursing school.
2022-2023 Columbus Board of Directors
- President: Abigail Bentley, email@example.com
- Vice President: Chloe Troyer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Frances Bowersock, email@example.com
- Secretary: Alex Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Director: Taylor Hunyadi, email@example.com
- Community Health Directory: Halle Parsley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Breakthrough to Nursing Director: Taylor Hosey, email@example.com
- SNAM Faculty Advisor: Samantha Steensen, assistant professor and lab coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Projects of 2022-2023…
Project Grief Bears
SNAM created and donated weighted stuffed bears for mothers and families experiencing a loss near birth.
NCH tie blankets
SNAM tied and donated 39 no-sew tie blankets to Nationwide Children's Hospital.
Ronald McDonald House
SNAM created and donated 200 toiletry bags for the families staying at the Ronald McDonald House.
Red Cross Blood Drives
SNAM has hosted two blood drives this academic year
For meeting information please see college announcements in your MCCN email & see the announcement board on the 2nd floor of the CLE.
Upon graduation, active SNAM members are eligible to receive a graduation cord representing their participation and leadership.
Social media: Instagram @mccn.snam