Bachelor of Science in Nursing
A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from Mount Carmel College of Nursing is the firm foundation to an exciting career in the profession of nursing.
Mount Carmel College of Nursing boasts one of the largest baccalaureate programs among Ohio private college nursing programs. Our small classes, personal attention, diverse student body, and affiliation with Mount Carmel Health System, one of the largest healthcare providers in central Ohio, all contribute to a rich and diverse educational experience that prepares students to competently and confidently assume the role of a professional nurse.
The Mount Carmel College of Nursing is fully accredited as an institution of higher learning by both the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education is recognized by the United States Department of Education as the national accrediting body for all types of nursing education programs.
Find out more about MCCN’s Direct Admit Pathway that provides qualifying MCCN students and alumni with an early assurance of admission into the intended program of study.
Four options are available that will lead to a BSN degree:
The highly competitive Ascent Program (Advanced Placement and LPN-BSN Program) enables students with the right coursework to complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in as little as five semesters.
Second Degree Accelerated Program
An accelerated program designed for students who already have a baccalaureate or advanced degree. Available in a 13-month program for full time students and an 18-month program for part time students.
View our Undergraduate Viewbook for more information.
The undergraduate program prepares a graduate who:
- Applies the knowledge of the relationship of the physical and social sciences and humanities as a basis for professional nursing.
- Exhibits the values of dignity of persons, service to others, social justice, altruism, autonomy, and integrity in the care of clients.
- Practices culturally competent caring behaviors.
- Uses evidence-based practice to promote the health of clients;
- Incorporates professional behaviors within one’s role as a member of the nursing profession and society;
- Implements the nursing process to maximize the health outcomes of clients through the use of evidence based practice;
- Implements the communication process within the professional role;
- Uses leadership skills to design, provide, coordinate, and manage health care in the achievement of safety and quality in client care;
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary teams to provide quality care for clients through the efficient management of resources;
- Implements critical thinking; and
- Demonstrates clinical competence in a variety of settings with diverse populations.
Apply for Admission to MCCN
Let’s get started! You can apply online or complete a paper application and mail it to us. Take a few minutes to review the requirements for admission and the deadlines to apply for the program in which you want to enroll. Whatever program you choose, you’ll get an unsurpassed education and clinical opportunities. From our outstanding undergraduate BSN program to our master’s programs, including Doctor of Nursing Practice, we provide quality education that encompasses the best of compassion, commitment and competence.