Bachelor of Science in Nursing
A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from Mount Carmel College of Nursing is the firm foundation to an exciting career in the profession of nursing.
Mount Carmel College of Nursing boasts one of the largest baccalaureate programs among Ohio private college nursing programs. Our small classes, personal attention, diverse student body, and affiliation with Mount Carmel Health System, one of the largest healthcare providers in central Ohio, all contribute to a rich and diverse educational experience that prepares students to competently and confidently assume the role of a professional nurse.
The Mount Carmel College of Nursing is fully accredited as an institution of higher learning by both the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education is recognized by the United States Department of Education as the national accrediting body for all types of nursing education programs.
Baccalaureate Nursing Program Outcomes
The undergraduate program prepares a graduate who:
- Applies the knowledge of the relationship of the physical and social sciences and humanities as a basis for professional nursing.
- Exhibits the values of dignity of persons, service to others, social justice, altruism, autonomy, and integrity in the care of clients.
- Practices culturally competent caring behaviors.
- Uses evidence-based practice to promote the health of clients;
- Incorporates professional behaviors within one's role as a member of the nursing profession and society;
- Implements the nursing process to maximize the health outcomes of clients through the use of evidence based practice;
- Implements the communication process within the professional role;
- Uses leadership skills to design, provide, coordinate, and manage health care in the achievement of safety and quality in client care;
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary teams to provide quality care for clients through the efficient management of resources;
- Implements critical thinking; and
- Demonstrates clinical competence in a variety of settings with diverse populations.
Four options are available that will lead to a BSN degree:
Designed for students without previous nursing experience.
Enables students with the right coursework to complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in five semesters.
An accelerated 13-month program for students who already have a baccalaureate or advanced degree.
An accelerated 18-month program for students who already have a baccalaureate or advanced degree and want to maintain full- or part-time employment.
A dedicated program for registered nurses who want to further their education.
View our Undergraduate Handbook for more information.