We are not currently enrolling new students to the Lancaster campus.
Mount Carmel College of Nursing offers its Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program on its satellite campus at Fairfield Medical Center in Lancaster, Ohio.
Mount Carmel College of Nursing Lancaster campus (MCCN-Lancaster) is an exciting partnership designed to help students realize their dream of achieving exciting careers in nursing, while meeting the increasing community demand for baccaulaureate-prepared nurses.
As part of MCCN’s program, students take general education coursework (Science/Humanities/English) all during the first year, followed by a strong curriculum — during the second through fourth year — of nursing, theory, clinical courses, selected general education and science courses, all based at the Fairfield Medical Center campus.
For more information about MCCN-Lancaster campus, please contact Admissions at 614-234-5419.
Academic Resource Center (ARC)
The Academic Resource Center (ARC) offers academic tutoring, and study sessions for Mount Carmel College of Nursing (MCCN) students. Peer tutors and faculty coaches are available to meet in-person or online throughout each semester or term. Faculty coaches hold office hours in the ARC, which is located on the mid-level of the education department. All are welcome to stop by our office at any time to see if a faculty coach is available or email the ARC coordinator, Natalie Herdman, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for a calendar of availability for the current semester.
Peer tutors and faculty coaches are available to help with the following subjects:
- ATI Test Preparation
- APA Format & Scholarly Writing
- Academic Research
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Nursing Foundations
- Acute Care
- Healthcare Policy
The mission of the ARC is to assist students in their efforts to become confident and independent learners and to provide and help integrate effective learning and study strategies for students, while also helping to clarify and reinforce course content, assignments, and material.
Tutoring is offered at no charge to Mount Carmel College of Nursing students.
To schedule an appointment with any of our tutors, please email The ARC at the email address above. Please allow up to two days for the appointment to be scheduled.
For help with scholarly writing, students may enroll in the Online Writing Lab or contact the Faculty Writing Coach, Natalie Herdman, at email@example.com.
MCCN-Lancaster has several options for getting involved.
- The Student Advisory Council organization designed to represent the ideals, values, and beliefs of MCCN students and is dedicated to excellence in action. Student Advisors from each class meet with the Director of the Lancaster campus.
- The Student Nurse Association of Mount Carmel – Lancaster (SNAM-Lancaster) is MCCN’s affiliate of the National Student Nurses Association (NSNA), a pre-professional organization that offers a variety of programs and activities aimed at fostering professional growth and development, honing leadership skills and providing community outreach. Joining the NSNA provides a number of benefits, including the opportunity to participate in state and national conventions, receive loans and scholarships, secure Professional Liability Insurance, and receive the association’s Imprint magazine.
- The Student Ambassador program is designed to familiarize individuals throughout the campus and community with the offerings of MCCN. Students who are chosen to be college ambassadors represent the student body at various college events and are an integral part of MCCN communications efforts. These events range from casual to “black tie” affairs. College ambassadors perform a wide variety of tasks at these events such as: setting up the event, distributing programs, registering guests, and answering questions regarding MCCN.
- Peer Tutoring is also a paid work study position for our campus and we have one peer advisor. Students are also invited to join Sigma Theta Tau meetings in Columbus.
MCCN-Lancaster students have the opportunity to practice their skills in the Skills Lab on campus. The Skills Lab is a mock-up hospital space that helps apply assessment skills and nursing procedures that are learned in the classroom.
Fairfield Medical Center offers two simulation labs for high-fidelity human patient simulators to practice for real-life medical situations. The simulation labs allow students to perfect patient care and improve outcomes.
Want to relax between classes? Need to print a paper? MCCN-Corner holds a couch, tables and chairs, a small kitchen, and computers for students to utilize.
Fairfield Medical Center Café
The café features a grill area, soup and salad bar, hot entrees, cold items, desserts and hot and cold drinks. The café hours are:
- Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Conversations Coffee Shop
Located in the South Lobby, the coffee shop is open every day from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The coffee shop offers both drinks and snacks to get you through your day.
Mount Carmel College of Nursing offers its Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program on its satellite campus at Fairfield Medical Center in Lancaster, Ohio. We are not currently accepting applications for new students at this campus.
Fairfield Medical Center
401 North Ewing St.
Lancaster, OH 43130
Programs available at this campus include:
- Traditional Four Year Program