- PDF or online application
- Application Fee ($30)
- High School Transcript
- College Transcript(s)
- Essay (In 300 words or less, answer the following question: As a future nurse, what do you think you will contribute to nursing?)
- Activities/Interest Resume
- Personal video [less than 7 minutes in length] - Please provide a video recording of yourself in which you (1) introduce yourself and identify your program of interest (2) answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in pursuing the Second Degree Accelerated Program?
- Understanding that this is a rigorous program, tell us how you deal with stress and conflict?
- What changes will you make to accommodate the accelerated program requirements?
- If accepted, what is your plan for completing the prerequisites before beginning the program?
- What strengths do you bring to this accelerated program to help you be successful?
- Please explain the emotional and financial support you will have while in the program.
Email the video link directly to email@example.com
Resources for YouTube:
- WES Evaluation**
- TOEFL Scores***
- Copy of Visa or Permanent Resident Card (if applicable)
* Prospective students who have not completed high school are required to submit documentation that they have earned their GED. Please note that MCCN requires that students with a GED must successfully complete the required college preparatory course work with a grade of “C” or better. These courses can be taken at the college level.
**Transfer or Advanced Placement applicants who have taken course work or earned a degree abroad are required to have foreign credit evaluated by one of the following Credential Evaluation Services.
- World Education Services (WES) Evaluation
- Educational Credential Evaluators
- Josef Silny & Associates
- International Education Research Foundation
- Educational Perspectives
*** Transfer or Advanced Placement applicants whose native language is not English are required to take and submit scores for the Test for English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required score is 79 for internet-based, 213 on computer-based and 550 on paper-based.
Please note that TOEFL scores are valid two (2) years from the test date. To learn more about the TOEFL, please visit www.ets.org/toefl
Prior to enrollment students will also be required to submit:
- Current professional-level CPR certification (American Heart Association or American Red Cross)
- Completed institutional health requirements
- Criminal background check (state and federal)
- Testing for drug and substance abuse