- Completed Application
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- A comprehensive well-written goal statement is an essential component of a successful graduate application. The goal statement essay is used as a source of information and as a sample of your writing ability. You should focus on your professional goals and how you envision these goals can be achieved through graduate study. Your goal statement should be approximately two, double-spaced pages (approximately 400 words).
- The goal statement should include:
- Professional and academic background, skills, and accomplishments
- Describe your academic and career goals
- How did you decide to seek graduate education in this specialty area?
- Qualities you possess that would make you a good practitioner in the specialty for which you are applying
- Current, unrestricted Ohio RN license or eligibility for Ohio Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- Two recommendation letters (from individuals such as: work supervisors, professional colleagues, and former faculty members who hold a minimum of a Master’s level degree)
- Official TOEFL scores for students for whom English is not the native language; minimum required TOEFL score of 550 (paper based}, 213 (computer-based) or 79-80 (Internet based); TOEFL scores are valid two years from the test date. To learn more about the TOEFL, visit www.ets.org/toefl.
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges/universities