Choose Ohio First is an initiative promoted and administered by the Ohio Department of Higher Education to bolster support for the next generation of Ohio science (including nursing and health professions), technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) scholars and industry leaders.
The program provides scholarships to students through Ohio’s two-year and four-year public and independent colleges and universities. Participating colleges and universities and their business partners recruit, retain, and help connect students to work-based learning experiences and careers in STEM fields. Scholarships are available to students desiring a certificate, associate degree, baccalaureate degree, or graduate degree in eligible STEM and STEM teaching fields.
The Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program is designed to strengthen Ohio’s competitiveness within STEM disciplines and STEM teaching. These innovative academic programs and industry partnerships equip students to succeed in Ohio and are part of a strategic effort to bolster Ohio’s economic strength.
Who Can Apply?
To be considered you must:
- Be a new entering Mount Carmel College of Nursing graduate student
- Have a BSN grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident, Ohio resident
- Using financial need as an element of consideration, applicants should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply for admission and be admitted to MCCN.
- Have a commitment to COF program requirements
- Continued eligibility is based on academic progress
Mount Carmel College of Nursing looks to begin awarding this funding for students enrolling in the upcoming fall 2023 semester. Scholarships will be awarded to students that meet the selected criteria and who have demonstrated financial need and are enrolled full-time in a graduate program at MCCN. The objective of the scholarship program is to increase the number of advanced degree nurses throughout the workforce by supporting students through their financial and career goals. The ODHE Choose Ohio First fund supports over 6,000 students statewide at over 50 colleges and universities.
To learn more about MCCN and to learn about enrolling in one of our graduate nursing programs, visit www.mccn.edu or contact Dr. Oliver directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Program Requirements
- Maintain full-time status
- Participate in required cohort activities (i.e.- meetings, poster sessions, etc.)
- Engage in student success and co-curricular programs throughout the college
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Make progress toward a degree
How Do I Apply?
Application information will be released annually by the Financial Aid office to all entering new students
For more info, email email@example.com or visit the Ohio Department of Higher Education at www.ohiohighered.org/cof.