Mount Carmel College of Nursing welcomes transfer students to our Traditional Four Year Program at all grade levels. Space is available based on attrition experienced by the College.
Admission to the College is based upon the following:
- Graduation from an accredited high school (or GED)
- Successful completion of the following college-preparatory course work while in high school or the college equivalent with a grade of "C" or better (a grade of C- will not be accepted)
- 4 Units English
- 3 Units Mathematics (including Algebra II)
- 3 Units Laboratory Science (including Biology & Chemistry)
- 3 Units Social Science
- 2 Units Foreign Language (sign language accepted) —Recommended
- 1 Unit Visual or Performing Art —Recommended
- Recommended cumulative grade point average (GPA):
- High school GPA: 3.0 Direct Admit, 2.75 Provisional Admit
- Transfer GPA: 2.8 Direct Admit, 2.5 Provisional Admit
- High school students ACT composite of 20, or SAT composite of 950 recommended
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores, if English is not your native Language (a minimum score of 79 on the internet-based test is required)
- Application Fee ($30)
- Essay (Select a topic from below. Content, grammar and punctuation will be evaluated.)
- Share your plans or future goals after you graduate from MCCN.
- Elaborate on characteristics you see in an excellent health care professional.
- What is the greatest risk you have taken and what did you learn as a result of it?
- Essay 2 (only if applicable)†
- Activities/Interest Resume
- High School Transcript
- College Transcript(s)
- TOEFL Scores*
- WES Evaluation**
- Copy of Visa or Permanent Resident Card (if applicable)
† Some students experience personal or professional hardships or other extenuating circumstances which negatively impact academic performance. If you choose to do so, you may submit a 150 word or less essay that addresses any downtrends or drops in your academic history.
* TOEFL is required for All applicants whose native language is not English are required to take and submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required score is 79 for internet-based, 213 on computer-based and 550 on paper-based. TOEFL scores are valid two (2) years from the test date. To learn more about the TOEFL, please visit www.ets.org/toefl.
**Transfer or Advanced Placement applicants who have taken course work or earned a degree abroad are required to have foreign credit evaluated by one of the following Credential Evaluation Services.
- World Education Services (WES) Evaluation
- Educational Credential Evaluators
- Josef Silny & Associates
- International Education Research Foundation
- Educational Perspectives
*** Prospective students who have not completed high school are required to submit documentation that they have earned their GED. Please note that MCCN requires that students with a GED must successfully complete the required college preparatory course work with a grade of “C” or better. These courses can be taken at the college level.