The Carmel Rapper
January 19, 2021
MCCN Faculty and Staff Answer the Call
You may recall a College Announcement from early December urgently asking for assistance within Mount Carmel Health System to aid our overburdened nursing staff in a variety of roles. We would like to thank the following MCCN Nightingales for answering that call in this time of need:
- Tracey Amlin, MSN, RN
- Abby Billups, MSN, RN
- Kathleen Cooper, MSN, RN
- Frieda Gill, MS, RN, CCRN
- Deanna Hunt, MS, APRN, WHNP-BC
- Michelle Kotte, PhD
- Melissa Lowe, BSN, RN
- Amy Mills, BSN, RN, C-EFM
- Coleen Murphy, Senior Executive Assistant
- Patty Severt, MSN, RN
- Susannah Townsend, MPH
- Joy Voorhees, DVM
If you are interested in helping out in the hospitals or other MCHS clinical sites, please fill out this form. If you are not comfortable working at a clinical site, you can still help!
- You can send a note of thanks to front-line caregivers.
- Join clap-ins and clap-outs during shift change through the end of January at three hospital sites: MCSA, MCE, MCGC. These will occur every Wednesday and Saturday from 6:45 – 7:30 a.m. and 6:45 – 7:30 p.m.
- Create gratitude gifts of food for caregivers. COVID appropriate gifts of individually wrapped snacks/drinks (i.e. protein bars, snack bars, energy drinks)–especially if they also contain notes of thanks—make a real difference in a caregiver's shift. If you'd like to do this please deliver the snacks/notes to Yvonne Turner at the CSC located at 5160 Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43213 or reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digi-Know: Notes from your Instructional Designer
Digi-know that studies show about 1/3 of teachers say technology makes students more social, 1/3 say it makes them less social, and the remaining 1/3 say it has no effect on social behavior? With such a division, we must consider how our teaching is using technology to shape the classroom culture. Consider a group assignment breaking down a case study on a patient. Using Google Docs, students could all work on the same document, simultaneously making edits and changes as they are discussed. Their work is then saved in a central location! For more ideas, reach out to your instructional designer, Thomas Liwosz, at email@example.com or the Faculty Fellows at FacultyFellows@mccn.edu.
Library Remote Assistance
Your Library is here for you virtually. Remote assistance is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday in the following ways:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web chat at the Library site. Also, text to chat at 614-541-2224 (data rates may apply)
- Call 614-234-5214
- If you need help after hours, remember to visit the Library FAQ page.
Helpful Tools from Your Library - Part 5
To assist with searching for all your informational needs, take the Library tutorial Searching EBSCO Discovery Service for Students. Learn how to effectively use EBSCO Discovery Service, a comprehensive platform that allows you to search the entire Mount Carmel Library collection in one place. It provides results from all Library electronic and print resources.
For all Helpful Tools from Your Library, read previous editions of The Carmel Rapper.
All enrolled MCCN students automatically have Library accounts. Your login credentials are:
- Username = last name
- Password = student ID
If you are still having trouble logging in, contact us.
Library staff are not permitted provide student ID numbers. Your ID number is listed on your student schedule.
Please note: The Library does not have laptops to lend at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.