Master of Science
The MCCN Master of Science (MS) Program and tracks are dynamic and completely online—designed for busy professionals who are ready to expand their knowledge and expertise in nursing to engage in higher-levels of practice and leadership in a variety of health care settings.
Mount Carmel College of Nursing is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The Master’s program and tracks are authorized by the Ohio Department of Higher Education. The Master's Program has earned nursing accreditation with the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) through December 31, 2022.
Find out more about MCCN’s new Direct Admit Pathway that provides qualifying MCCN students and alumni with an early assurance of admission into the intended program of study.
Our Graduate Programs:
View our Graduate Viewbook for more information.
- Integrate nursing, social, and health related theories with evidence-based practice to enhance, innovate and design quality and effective delivery of health care.
- Assimilate evidence into practice to provide timely, ethical, compassionate, and culturally responsive, person-centered advanced nursing care.
- Integrate patient care technology and information systems in the coordination and evaluation of advanced nursing practice
- Participate in evidence-based policy and practice that promotes dimensions of health and wellness and development for self, peers, individuals, families, communities and populations.
- Use quality improvement tools, performance measures and standards to drive care delivery that is safe, cost-effective and achieves desired outcomes.
- Apply leadership principles to promote ethical and strategic change in health care and health policy at organizational, local, and regional levels.
- Facilitate interprofessional and community partnerships to address the diverse health care needs in local, regional, national and/or global communities.
- Support advanced nursing roles and nursing’s unique disciplinary perspectives to enhance outcomes
Programs delivered through Mount Carmel College of Nursing (MCCN) that require practice experiences must also abide by state and board regulations in the state where the student resides. Students who wish to complete any experience in a state other than Ohio, may need to take additional steps to comply with the requirements of that state before starting a program through the MCCN. We strongly advise ALL current and prospective students to become familiar with their state’s regulations and professional licensing requirements by seeking information, and/or approval with their state boards where they reside or have plans to reside as a practitioner.
Students may be allowed to participate in practice experiences if their professional licensing boards (Nursing) do not regulate out-of-state programs. However, additional requirements may apply to students who will become practitioners in their state upon program completion. Links to state agencies and professional licensure boards can be found under State Authorization and Disclosures by State
Mount Carmel College of Nursing is able to accept U.S. citizens, permanent residents and non-resident aliens. If you are a permanent resident or non-resident alien you must submit a copy of your visa or permanent resident card.
The College is not able to assist students whose visas require I-20 documentation. MCCN is not an I-20 granting institution.
In addition, for those students who have international transcripts, these documents must be evaluated by one of the following Credential Evaluation Services:
Apply for Admission to MCCN
Let’s get started! You can apply online or complete a paper application and mail it to us. Take a few minutes to review the requirements for admission and the deadlines to apply for the program in which you want to enroll. Whatever program you choose, you’ll get an unsurpassed education and clinical opportunities. From our outstanding undergraduate BSN program to our master’s programs, including Doctor of Nursing Practice, we provide quality education that encompasses the best of compassion, commitment and competence.