The highly competitive Advanced Placement Program (APP) enables students with the right coursework to complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in five semesters. In order to be eligible for the APP, a student must:
- Successfully complete, with a grade of “C” or better (a grade of C- will not be accepted), the entire Mount Carmel College of Nursing freshman and sophomore curriculum (either at Mount Carmel or transfer those courses from an accredited college or university) except for Nursing 204, 205, and 206.
- Attain a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA for all previous college coursework.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores, if English is not your native Language (a minimum score of 79 on the internet-based test is required)
Required Freshman Courses
- Science 123: Anatomy & Physiology I**
- SCIE 124: Anatomy & Physiology II**
- SCIE 103: Organic Biochemistry**
- SCIE 125: Microbiology**
- ENGL 110: English Composition
- PSYC 101: General Psychology
- SOC 101: Intro to Sociology
- HUMN 110: Comparative Religion
Required Sophomore Courses
- SCIE 220: Nutrition**
- PSYC 225: Human Growth & Development
- SCIE 230 & 231: Physiologic Alterations I & II**
** Credit will not be granted for science courses completed at another institution more than five years prior to the first semester at Mount Carmel.
Students accepted into the APP must complete a 12-week term that consists of Nursing 204, 205, and 206 during the summer prior to the start of the fall semester. This demanding and intense program begins in mid-May and concludes in early August. After summer semester, students follow the traditional program for the junior and senior year. Current Mount Carmel students as well as transfer students are eligible for this program if both of the above criteria are met. The Mount Carmel College of Nursing Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program prepares graduates to take the National Council Licensure Examination Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN), administered through the Ohio Board of Nursing. For more detailed admissions criteria and to view our curriculum, please refer to the appropriate pdf files below.
Enrollment is limited.
For details about the Advanced Placement program, click on these links:
If you have college credit from another institution or have earned a college degree, knowing which credits will transfer to Mount Carmel College of Nursing is important. For details about transferable courses and how student status is determined, click on the links below.
- Transfer Courses - Quarter Matrix
- Transfer Courses - Semester Matrix
- Transcript Evaluation (PDF)
- How Status is Determined
For more information, call the Admissions Office at 614-234-4CON or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.