Documents Required for Admissions : Advanced Placement Program
- Application Fee ($30)
- Essay (Select a topic from below. Content, grammar and punctuation will be evaluated.)
- Share your plans or future goals after you graduate from MCCN.
- Elaborate on characteristics you see in an excellent health care professional.
- What is the greatest risk you have taken and what did you learn as a result of it?
- Essay 2 (only if applicable)†
- Activities/Interest Resume
- High School Transcript
- College Transcript(s)
- TOEFL Scores*
- WES Evaluation**
- Copy of Visa or Permanent Resident Card (if applicable)
† Some students experience personal or professional hardships or other extenuating circumstances which negatively impact academic performance. If you choose to do so, you may submit a 150 word or less essay that addresses any downtrends or drops in your academic history.
* Advanced Placement applicants whose native language is not English are required to take and submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required score is 79 for internet-based, 213 on computer-based and 550 on paper-based. TOEFL scores are valid two (2) years from the test date. To learn more about the TOEFL, please visit www.ets.org/toefl.
**Transfer or Advanced Placement applicants who have taken course work or earned a degree abroad are required to have foreign credit evaluated by one of the following Credential Evaluation Services.
- World Education Services (WES) Evaluation
- Educational Credential Evaluators
- Josef Silny & Associates
- International Education Research Foundation
- Educational Perspectives
*** Prospective students who have not completed high school are required to submit documentation that they have earned their GED. Please note that MCCN requires that students with a GED must successfully complete the required college preparatory course work with a grade of “C” or better. These courses can be taken at the college level.