Students encountering problems with CARMELink access should submit an email to HelpLine@mccn.edu.
The following computer hardware and software are required for success in the Online RN-BSN Completion Program.
The following are required computer specs to consider when purchasing a new device for a student.
Note: Regarding ExamSoft: ExamSoft is used for testing at MCCN. Chromebooks are not compatible with ExamSoft so please avoid these devices or ensure that you have an alternative, compatible device to use for testing. Resource: Compatible devices for ExamSoft (Examplify)
- Windows 10 or Mac OS X 10.13 or newer
- Intel i7 or i9 processor
Display and Video Card
- 1280x800 resolution or higher
- Dedicated video card
- 500 GB or larger hard drive (SSD preferred)
- 8 GB or more
- USB flash drive (32GB or larger)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- PDF reader such as CutePDF Writer, PDFCreator, or Adobe
- Ethernet or Wireless card that supports 802.11 b/g/n protocol
- Headset w/microphone and webcam are all required.
- Install an additional browser other than Internet Explorer or Safari. Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome is recommended.
- Extended warranty (2-3 years) is recommended for laptops. Consider purchasing a backup battery as well.
- Make sure to have physical copies of the install disks for any additional software purchased with the device. This will include software keys or licenses needed should a reformat be needed.
- Ensure you have everything needed to connect and use your systems, including power cables, USB cables, and Ethernet cables.