Online Program Hardware and Software Requirements
The following are suggested minimal personal computer (PC) requirements for students taking courses online.These are also recommended computer specs to consider when purchasing a new device.
- Windows 7/8/10 or Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
- Intel i3 / AMD A6 processor or better
Display and Video Card
- 1280x800 resolution or higher, 512 MB video RAM or more
- 500 GB or larger for standard hard drives
- 256 GB or larger for solid state hard drives
- 4 GB or more
- USB flash drive (requires USB port)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- PDF reader such as CutePDF Writer, PDFCreator, or Adobe
- Ethernet or Wireless card that supports 802.11 b/g/n protocol
- Speakers, Microphone, and webcam are all recommended
- Install an additional browser other than Internet Explorer or Safari. Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome is recommended.
- Install the following software for proper playback of most web content
- Adobe Flash Player
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Extended warranty is recommended for laptops. Consider purchasing a backup battery as well
- Make sure to have physical copies of the install disks for any additional software purchased with the device. This will include software keys or licenses needed should a reformat be needed
- Ensure you have everything needed to connect and use your systems, including power cables, USB cables, and Ethernet cables
For more information call 614-234-4CON For help with IT issues, please email HelpLine@mccn.edu.
Once admitted to the program, students may use their student ID number to purchase discounted hardware and software through GovConnection. Students may also purchase discounted software through the Microsoft Student Store.
*Note: Some courses may have additional technical requirements. This information will be made available to students on the MCCN Learning Management System.