Our Legacy of Learning Campaign raises more than $3 million for MCCN
The conclusion of the successful two-year Our Legacy of Learning Campaign was celebrated on Thursday, Sept. 8, at the Hilton Easton, just prior to the 2022 Scholarship Awards and Donor Recognition Dinner. The campaign raised more than $3 million to strengthen, support, and sustain the Mount Carmel College of Nursing,
Through the generosity of donors, including alumni, corporations, charitable and community foundations, faculty members, leaders and community members, the campaign has already benefitted the College in so many ways. Here are just a few of the campaign impacts to date:
- Seventy-eight students have been provided with help to meet financial emergencies, especially as the pandemic created new challenges for them.
- Nine faculty members have been supported to participate in research, conferences, and other professional development activities. Additional faculty grants will be awarded later this fall.
- New technology was deployed throughout the College to make learning anywhere possible and assure that every student has equal access to that technology.
- Nearly 400 students received the gift of education through student scholarships to help them afford their education and lessen their student debt.
- Support for Supplemental Instruction – to help students with challenging coursework – has resulted in more than 2,000 connections with peer student tutors to date.
At this year’s Scholarship Celebration alone, a total of $663,680, with $543,500 coming through our Foundation, in scholarships were provided to MCCN students. A total of 272 scholarships were provided to 135 students.
We took time to acknowledge and celebrate the lives of Kathy Espy and Dr. Ann Schiele, both of whom were leaders of and donors to the Our Legacy of Learning Campaign. Video tributes to each of these outstanding women were shared with attendees.
Although the campaign has formally concluded, you can still make a gift if you choose.
We are grateful to the Our Legacy of Learning Campaign leaders
- President and Dean Emeritus, Dr. Ann E. Schiele*
MCCN Campaign Planning Committee
- Cassi Baker
- Tom Caldwell
- Mike Curtin
- Kathy Espy*
- Tanya Hahn
- Sheila Klein
- JJ Perez
- Charlie Rodenfels
We are grateful to our Campaign Leadership Donors
- American Electric Power Foundation
- Dr. Craig and Deborah Anderson
- Dr. Cora Arledge
- Bella Terrace Rehabilitation and
- Nursing Center
- Bread Financial
- Tom and Lori Caldwell
- Cardinal Health Foundation Inc.
- The Catholic Foundation
- Georgeann Corey
- Ray and Phylis Crook
- Mike and Sharon Curtin
- Dr. Scott Dolan
- Bob Fry
- Phil Hall
- Cecil and Tallyn Hicks
- Dr. David Hunt
- Jim and Marcia Keim
- Unhee Kim
- Jill Kingsley
- The Linard Family
- Andy and Lorraine Lutton LEADERSHIP DONORS
- Keith Martinez
- John Matchett
- MBS Direct
- Pat McKnight
- Messer Construction Co.
- Walter and Mary Miller
- Dr. Jeri Milstead
- Mount Carmel Alumni Association
- Mount Carmel Medical Staff
- Dr. Jami Nininger
- Charles Noble
- Ohio Department of Higher Education
- Roger and Jill Rill
- Charlie and Jan Rodenfels
- Robert G. and Kathryn R. Schwemley
- Dr. Steven and Deanna Stewart
- Monica and Stephen Walter
- Robert Walter
- Dr. Kathleen Williamson
- Dan and Nancy Whetstone
- Marty Zunich