The highly competitive Second Degree Accelerated Program (SDAP) accepts between sixty and seventy students to begin in January of each year.
SDAP Admission Requirements
- Completion of a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution†
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is recommended (not required)
- Successful completion of all prerequisite course work, with a grade of "C" or better. A ‘C-’ will not be accepted.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I/Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- Organic Biochemistry
- Human Nutrition*
- Human Growth & Development
- General Psychology
- Interview (not all applicants will be interviewed)
- Essay (In 350 words or less, answer the following question: As a future nurse, what do you think you will contribute to nursing?
- TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 79 (new internet-based) for students whose native language is not English
*Provisional admission may be granted to students without transcripted credit for Statistics or Human Nutrition; the required courses will be integrated into the plan of study.
† If the college degree is earned from an institution of higher education outside of the United States, the applicant must contact the World Education Services and have a transcript evaluation completed and mailed to MCCN. To learn more about how to have international college credit evaluated, please visit www.wes.org.
When transferring Anatomy & Physiology separately, we count Anatomy as SCIE 123 and Physiology as SCIE 124; both Anatomy and Physiology must be completed to receive full credit for SCIE 123 and SCIE 124. Mount Carmel College of Nursing does not accept BIO 1121 A&P I or BIO 1122 A&P II as equivalent transfer credit from Columbus State Community College.