The Carmel Rapper
April 16, 2020
MCCN Graduate Student A Beacon of Hope
MCCN student Taylour Johnson, BSN, RN should be gearing up for the upcoming graduation where he will receive his Master of Science degree. Instead, he is currently preparing his BBQ food trailer—named Duders in memory of his grandfather, to whom Taylour gave that childhood name—to deliver meals to a large number of people in his community. As a home health nurse, Taylour sees firsthand how the global pandemic is affecting his patients – many of whom are unable to leave their homes and depend on meals being delivered by local agencies which are experiencing strain due to increased demand. For the last three years, Taylour has operated a BBQ food trailer near his home in southern Ohio as a hobby, but he will now use it to serve his community. Taylour has this to say about his efforts: “Something so small can go a long way in anyone's everyday life, and I want to be a beacon of hope for as many people as I can during this tough time.”
Professor Snively Uses Sewing Talents for Good
Therese Snively, PhD, RN, associate professor, is known for making beautiful quilts. These days, she is putting her sewing talents to an altruistic use by making much-needed masks. So far, Professor Snively has made approximately 75 masks, 50 of which she graciously donated to Mount Carmel East. Thank you, Professor Snively!
ATTENTION GRADUATES: Picture This!
In these unprecedented times, we are working to make this virtual Commencement the best it can be – and we need your help! Click here now to upload your picture for the Spring 2020 Virtual Commencement Celebration. The deadline for uploading your photo of choice has been extended to Thursday, April 16, at noon. If you do not submit a photo by this deadline, we will use the photo that is on your MCCN badge. Questions? Please contact Camryn Stobart at email@example.com.
Student SU20 Registration Information
Below is important information for student registration for the Summer Session.
- Online registration for 2020 Summer Session started on April 13 and will close on Friday, May 1.
- The Summer schedules are posted as a .PDF to CARMELink > Records and Registration. These schedules provide detailed course information.
- Registration windows open at 12:01 a.m. on the days posted to CARMELink and are based on students' current (SP20) classification.
- Check your CARMELink record for holds by following the instructions in the How to Register Online tutorial. A hold will prevent you from registering.
- You must complete the required Registration Agreement in order to have clearance to register. Go to the Records and Registration page and scroll down to “Course Schedules” to find the Registration Agreement.
- NOTE: Second Degree Accelerated Program and Advanced Placement Program students do not register themselves. Those students will be registered by Records and Registration staff.
MCCN-Lancaster juniors sent a surprise presentation to the MCCN community just before Easter. Take a look at their words of encouragement and thankfulness by clicking here.
Library Remote Assistance
Despite the closure of the MCCN Campus, your Library staff is still here for you virtually. You can connect with the Library from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web chat at the Library site: https://library.mchs.com
- Phone: 614.234.5214
FAQ and Tutorials are Tools to Help!
It’s the middle of the night, and you can’t remember your Library password, or need help starting your literature search, don’t panic! Visit these pages on our Website:
If you are a student at MCCN, you already have a library account.
- Username=Last Name
- Password=Student ID
If you are still having trouble logging in, contact us.
The Library staff wishes you all the best on your exams!