From the Office of Safety and Security: Holiday Safety Tips
We want to remind our campus community to prioritize safety during the holiday season. AAA projects that 48.7 million Americans will travel this holiday season, so please take precautions on roadways and utilize the below tips before you depart:
- Lock your doors, windows and close your curtains or blinds
- Disconnect electrical devices that are not being used
- Leave a light and a TV or radio on in your apartment.
- Record serial numbers of your devices
- Do not leave money, credit cards or ID in your home/room
- Take all your valuables with you.
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle and please lock it.
For those celebrating on campus this year, our Safety and Security team will have a visible presence on Campus, so if you see something, say something. Report suspicious behavior to Campus Security by calling 614.896.1489 (on campus). Off campus, you can call Columbus Police at 614.645.4545, or – in an emergency – 9-1-1.
Please celebrate responsibly, and if you plan to drink alcohol, appoint a designated driver or companion and value the decisions of those who do not wish to drink. If you see a friend who has had too much to drink, please do not let them drive or let them leave with a stranger.
Wherever you may be, as always, we encourage you to use sidewalks and crosswalks and avoid walking alone, especially at night. Our security team is here to help, always wear your Mount Carmel badge when on campus; it is for your safety.
The safety of our campus is our number one priority, and we hope that everyone has a safe and happy Holiday Season.