The Second Degree Accelerated Program (SDAP) is designed for students who have already earned at least a bachelor’s degree in another major to pursue a career in nursing.
The Mount Carmel College of Nursing Second Degree Accelerated Program prepares graduates to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN), administered through the Ohio Board of Nursing.
The Second Degree Accelerated Program is offered in two formats for students to choose which option best fits their lifestyle.
SDAP-13 is a 13-month long program which offers our traditional BSN program, but in a compressed time frame. Second Degree Accelerated Program-13 offers our traditional BSN program, but in a compressed time frame. Students begin on the first Monday in January of one year and complete the program by February of the following year. The program is designed for those who are able to attend full-time – 40 hours per week. Courses are offered through a variety of platforms including blended and fully online. Campus based obligations such as nursing lab and clinical may on occasion require evening or weekend scheduling. It is recommended that students do not work during this program, as the program is rigorous and time intensive.
SDAP-18 implements the accelerated BSN program in a more flexible, extended period of time (18-months) for busy adults. Courses are offered through a variety of platforms including blended and fully online. The program is intended for students who are unable to attend full time schooling and must attend school on evenings and weekends.
Admission requirements that must be completed prior to applying to SDAP-13 & SDAP-18 include:
- Completion of a baccalaureate or higher degree in any course but nursing from a regionally accredited institution
- SDAP-13 – Starts in January each year
- SDAP – 18 – Begins in August each year.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed before the start of the program.
- Cumulative recommended 3.0 GPA for all previous college coursework.
- If the college degree is earned from an institution of higher education outside of the United States, the applicant must contact the World Education Services (www.wes.org) and have a transcript evaluation completed and mailed to MCCN.
- TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 79 (new internet-based) for students whose first language is not English and prior college degree is not from an institution of higher education outside of the United States.
Learn more about the Second Degree Accelerated Program at Mount Carmel College of Nursing by calling our Admissions team at 614.234.4CON.
Stop dreaming about changing careers and apply today!
- Application deadline is: Rolling Admissions Year-Round
- Attend an Information session by signing up here