The Mount Carmel College of Nursing Second Degree Accelerated Program (SDAP) is designed for students who have already earned at least a bachelor’s degree in another major to pursue a career in nursing. The SDAP prepares graduates to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN), administered through the Ohio Board of Nursing.
The SDAP is offered in two formats for students to choose which option best fits their lifestyle.
SDAP-13 is a 13-month long program which offers our traditional BSN program but in a compressed time frame. Students begin on the first Monday in January of one year and complete the program by February of the following year. Courses are offered through a variety of platforms, including blended and fully online. Campus-based obligations such as class, skills lab, and clinical may require evening or weekend scheduling. It is not recommended that students work during this program, as the program is rigorous and time-intensive.
SDAP-18 implements the accelerated BSN program in a more flexible, extended period of time (18-months) for busy adults. Courses are offered through a variety of platforms including blended and fully online. Campus-based obligations such as class, skills lab, and clinical may occasionally require weekday scheduling. However, the majority of these experiences are scheduled in the evening or on the weekends. It is not recommended that students work during this program, as the program is rigorous and time-intensive.
View our SDAP Viewbook for more information.
Admission requirements that must be completed prior to applying to SDAP-13 & SDAP-18 include:
- Completion of a baccalaureate or higher degree in any course but nursing from a regionally accredited institution
- SDAP-13 – Starts in January each year
- SDAP – 18 – Begins in August each year.
- All interested applicants are free to apply to the program prior to the completion of the prerequisite courses. *
- All prerequisite courses must be completed before the start of the program.
- Cumulative recommended 3.0 GPA for all previous college coursework.
- If the college degree is earned from an institution of higher education outside of the United States, the applicant must contact the World Education Services (www.wes.org) and have a transcript evaluation completed and mailed to MCCN.
- TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 79 (new internet-based) for students whose first language is not English and prior college degree is not from an institution of higher education outside of the United States.
* Please note, once your application and official transcripts are received, your coursework that has been presented to date will be evaluated and you will receive a transcript credit evaluation of your work so that you will know what Mount Carmel College of Nursing will and will not accept.
Learn about SDAP Tuition & Fees.
Schedule Your Visit Today!”
Learn more about the Second Degree Accelerated Program at Mount Carmel College of Nursing by calling our Admissions team at 614.234.4CON.
Stop dreaming about changing careers and apply today!
- Application deadline is: Rolling Admissions Year-Round
- Attend an Information session by signing up here