The Department of Veteran Affairs administers a variety of education benefit programs.
These are some of the most commonly used benefits at MCCN:
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33), including the Yellow Ribbon Program
- Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31)
For a full description of each program and application instructions, visit the GI Bill® website.
How to Apply for Benefits and Financial Aid
- Determine which benefit is best for you: Use the GI Bill® Road Map for Success or call the VA at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).
- Complete the Veterans Online Application to apply for your benefits.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (www.fafsa.ed.gov)
- Submit a copy of your Certification of Eligibility letter and a completed MCCN Veterans Benefits Certification Request Form prior to each academic year in which you plan to utilize any veteran’s benefits.
After you’ve begun classes, notify MCCN Financial Services if there's a change in the total number of credit hours for which you're registered because this affects your certification.
Your benefits must be certified at the start of each academic year. Complete the Veterans Benefits Certification Request Form every year.
MCCN Certifying Official
MCCN’s VA Certifying Official is the Director of Financial Aid. Please direct your questions and the submission of VA Benefit documentation to:
Director, Financial Aid
Financial Services Suite
Mount Carmel College of Nursing
127 S Davis Ave
Columbus, OH 43222-1504
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.