To encourage healthy bodies as well as healthy minds, MCCN organizes activities each semester. For a full listing of activities, please pick up a Fall Semester 2016 Wellness Calendar, located throughout the Columbus campus.
- Blood Drive: The American Red Cross will be in the MCCN Gym on November 7 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Appointments are encouraged, but they will take walk-ins as time permits. Be sure to bring a photo ID with you, and try to increase your iron intake for at least a week prior to the date to lessen the risk of being deferred.
- Effective Communication Skills for Nurses: On November 14 from 3 to 4 p.m. in the Wilson Room, learn about effective interpersonal communication strategies and how these strategies may reduce stress, promote wellness, and therefore, improve overall quality of life.
- Run Club: Meet at 7 a.m. on Wednesday mornings between the Residence Halls for a brisk walk, leisurely jog or full-out run. Keep motivated to reach your goals with support from the Run Club. All levels welcome.
- Knitting Club: Bring your crafting material and skills to the Student Recreation Room on Monday afternoons at 3:30 p.m. Work on your latest yarn or other project with your fellow crafty Nightingales or come to learn a new hobby.
- Zumba: Gain some core strength and confidence at this weekly low-impact fitness class in the College Gym. Class is every Thursday evening from 5 to 6 p.m.