Mount Carmel College of Nursing's Doctor of Nursing Practice Program (DNP) has been named one of the top DNP programs in the United States by registerednursing.org. Regsiterednursing.org is an organization who's mission is to "promote excellence in nursing by enabling future and current nurses with the education and employment resources they need to succeed."
They ranked MCCN's DNP program as the third best in the nation, behind only Gonzaga and Bryan College of Health Sciences.
According to registerednursing.org's their "methodology began with building a database of nursing programs for all degree levels and specializations across the entire U.S., through various means, including making a number of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests". Areas assessed included:
- If the institution is accredited (5 Points)
- If the institution offers online programs (10 Points)
- The number & variety of different types of nursing programs offered by the institution, sorted from higher to lower (25 Points)
- Ratio of total nurse program completions vs. total program completions awarded by the institution, sorted from higher to lower ratios (20 Points)
- Annual tuition and fees adjusted for each county’s cost of living, sorted by lowest to highest (15 Points)
- Ratio of instructional faculty that are tenured (5 Points)
- Acceptance rate percentage for the College/University (5 Points)
- Graduate rate at 150% of normal time (15 points)
The site noted, "Students can learn how to drive improvements and innovation across nursing practice, education, and healthcare systems when they earn their online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree at Mount Carmel College of Nursing. The DNP offers clinical, leadership or academic tracks to meet a range of student nursing goals."
MCCN's DNP program aims to set students apart as transformational drivers of creative, innovative and effective solutions in nursing practice, education, and healthcare. Graduates of the program are positioned to meet the current and future challenges of the dynamic healthcare environment as experts in leadership and practice.
The DNP program also includes a new Direct Admit Pathway that provides qualifying MCCN students and alumni with an early assurance of admission into the intended program of study.
To learn more about MCCN's DNP program, visit www.mccn.edu/DNP.